The steel industry is the largest consumer of electrical energy, having a tremendous impact on the electricity network. Energy resources and water are the second largest expenses in the operational budget. The inhospitable industrial environment with extreme temperature conditions and wide-spread production areas make energy management projects even more challenging.
The only comprehensive approach provides plant operators with a complete overview of energy consumption and the opportunity to monitor and optimize energy flows. Real-time data play a key role in continuous energy efficiency improvement and facilitate the decision-making process.
Implementing Solvera Lynx Energy Management tools, you will be utilizing energy sources more effectively through the detection of energy-related opportunities and anomalies with an eye on the following benefits:
- Upgrading energy performance and operational improvements
- Reducing CO2 emission
- Lowering energy costs
Measuring of the following resourses: electricity, natural gas, compressed air, heat, water, technical gases: oxygen, argon, nitrogen
- Energy consumption monitoring: electricity, natural gas, compressed air, oxygen, heat, water, argon, nitrogen
- Energy efficiency analysis and predictions: energy efficiency performance indicators; Energy consumption vs production output
- Energy performance and targeting: targeting energy consumption quantities and costs; Alarms in case of consumption or cost deviations; Calculation of CO2 emissions
GemaLogic Software Platform
- Basic tools: general overview, data current explorer, archive overview, alarms (SMS, e-mail), user-generated reports, geolocations.
- Energy efficiency tools: contour display, specific consumption (KPI), comparison indicators, time comparison, targeted monitoring of energy use, M & T and CuSum analysis, accounting of energy consumption from different energy suppliers by buildings, measuring points, nergy products.
- ComBox.M – modular data logger
- ComBox.L – communication device, utilising LoRaWAN technology
- Base stations
- Talum Company - Company Profile: a producer of electrolytic aluminium and aluminium alloys Project: Introduction of a system for energy management Read more
- ADK Company - Company Profile: Manufacturing of complex steel structures Project: Energy audit, implementation of the energy management system and targeted monitoring of energy use Company ADK d.o.o. is one of the largest metal-processing companies in Slovenia. Production is carried out in 4 plants… Read more
- ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN THE STEEL INDUSTRY - Company profile: The SIJ Group is the largest Slovenian vertically integrated metallurgical group and one of the largest producers of stainless and special steels in Europe. Project: The introduction of a comprehensive energy management system and measures as a basis… Read more